Welcome to the Alienation BLOG HOP TOUR.
Please take your seat and strap yourself in, as we take you on an intergalactic tour. You will be amazed, entertained, and educated. Maneuver through the cosmos and be astounded at all you see. Hunt down the hidden words that will get you to your final destination where a one-of- a -kind award awaits one lucky traveler.
You are here to celebrate the release of Alienation, book two of the humorous Sci-Fi series, Starstruck.
Sally Webber’s dream is coming true: Zander is back and taking her out for a night on the town–on a planet hundreds of light years away from Earth.
But when an accident separates her from her alien tour guide, she’s thrown into the seedy underbelly of an insane city where nothing is as it seems. Suddenly lost and desperate to get back home, Sally is willing to do anything to get out, even if it means accepting spontaneous marriage proposals, crashing some fancy parties, or joining what appears to be the space mob.
All she wanted was some decent interstellar pizza, but now it might be the end of the world as evil nanobots and an out of control AI try to take the universe by force, and the only one who can stop them is missing in action. Sally has no choice but to try to stop them herself–if she can stay alive that long.
Alienation is the fantastic sequel to the hit sci-fi comedy, Starstruck by S.E.Anderson.
- What do you think makes a good story?
- Compelling characters. The more the characters have to grow, the more they strengthen the story . I could read books about people eating cereal if the character was charismatic!
- As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
- An astronaut! But I stopped growing when I was 16… and I was left 2 inches too short to send my application into NASA.
- Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?
- I’m seeing Starstruck as an epic TV show. Every book is a separate, self contained adventure, like an episode, while all being connected by a larger ARC!
- What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
- I like fleshing out the world first, rather than the plot. Building a world requires a lot of research and prep: trying to make the aliens seem logical, to create new cultures and civilizations! It’s a lot of fun, though it can take ages.
- What did you edit out of this book?
- Alienation has a lot of plot points I had to get rid of. I had too much fun writing Sally’s tour of Da-Duhui (before everything went wrong) and had to cut out chapters and chapters of her shopping and going to museums!
- Do you hide any secrets in your books that only a few people will find?
- You bet I do! There’s so many hints in there about where this series is going… And the mystery of the hot air balloon? I hope readers will love the big reveal! Also quite a few jokes I hope readers pick up on.
- What are your ambitions for your writing career?
- I would love to write full time! To write all the books I’ve put on the back burner. I would love to befriend my favorite authors, and to be someone’s favorite author!
- Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?
- Sally struggles with anxiety, and depression – but she never gives up. Sally cares maybe too much, even when she tries not to. That’s what I love about her, and why I keep wanting to write her! I think we need more characters with mental illness in our novels.
- Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
- While I might research the worldbuilding a lot, the plot is completely out of the blue. I have a general idea of plot points I want the characters to reach, but everything in between just comes out naturally. It’s only when I’m rewriting, or editing, that I change everything!
Follow this exciting blog tour starting at your first stop UrbanHype101 and if you get lost in cyber space, come back to UrbanHype101 for the tour map.
There’s something new to read see or hear on each of these stops.
Don’t forget to hunt for that special word and if you find ALL of them, send them to email@example.com and you could win a signed copy of Alienation and a gift pack of unique swag. This contest is open internationally.